- Name=Hornet-class interceptor
- Manufacturer=Tenloss Syndicate
- Model=Hornet-class interceptor
- Cost=Cr75,000 (32,000 used)
- Length=14 meters
- MGLT=105 MGLT
- Max speed=1,150 km/h
- Shield gen=Equipped
- Hull=Relatively weak
- Armament=Gyrhil R-9X heavy laser cannons (2)
- Crew=Pilot (1)
- Capacity=80 kg
- Consumables=5 days
- Era=New Republic era/New Jedi Order era
- Affiliation=Tenloss Syndicate
The Hornet-class interceptor was a sleek, insect-like starfighter built on the black market for the Tenloss Syndicate, and designed to emulate the TIE/LN starfighter: fast, lightweight, and easily mass-produced with low-cost standard parts.
Hornets had thin, rounded bodies with wings that could be deployed in atmospheres. The command pod had its own section, and could be ejected in emergencies. They were lightly armored, shielded, and highly maneuverable.
Their laser cannons could be turbocharged, causing twice the normal damage but became prone to overheating as a result. Even when not turbocharged, the lasers were more powerful than standard.
The Hornet was initially used only by Tenloss and those groups it allowed access to the interceptor, although shady deals with other criminals and organizations have made the Hornet available elsewhere.
- SWGsmall "A Credit for Your Thoughts"—Star Wars Gamer 2
- Jedi Search (First appearance)
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty
- Dark Journey
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- GalaxyCite "Operator's Manual" — Star Wars Galaxy 6
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 117 (HOR1-2, Hornet Interceptor)
- Scum and Villainy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia